Re: [gNewSense-users] more on firefox and one possible fix]

From: Janet Hawtin
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] more on firefox and one possible fix]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:12:35 +1030

On 11/21/06, oddmund <address@hidden> wrote:

I started working with computers 30 years ago,  so I have been through
quite a lot, many different systems, many different situations and so on.
It is normal that I have some points of view and ideas (far above what I
already expressed). This is only my fifth contribution to this list, so
please bear over with me...

Oddmund I have no concern about anyone posting ideas. I agree that the
technology issues are worth debating and that many people will have
far more experience than me. I was not intending to be critical of you
at all to be honest.

I am just concerned that with 1 person coding our aspirations and debates are
much bigger than our hands on commitment at this time. I speak for
myself in this, I am not a coder and have been posting.

To be the really free distro puts gnewsense in a challenging position.
It means we all care about the decisions being made, I am just concerned that
we need to be helpful as well as full of ideas and it is very easy to
imagine that we
have a big debian or ubuntu dev community at the other end of this
list which is not yet the case, and why from the developer's
perspective I thought the debates must feel large in proportion to one
person's available time.

I'm sure that we will grow a goodly team in time.

Janet