Re: [gNewSense-users] more on firefox and one possible fix]

From: oddmund
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] more on firefox and one possible fix]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:19:31 +0100 (CET)

Janet Hawtin wrote:

> I realise that currently we are having very big debates in a very small
> team. wondering if we can turn the distro debate around.
(...)
> but it would be more handy than debating which is the better distro.

This is moderate, Janet. It is not 'very big debates', just an exchange of
points of view. Mentioning this once or twice is enough. Once it's said,
you don't have to repeat it. Strategic choices have many aspects, but 'the
better distro' is a superficial concept and is not really a part of the
discussion. There is no 'best distro', it depends on what you want to
achieve, what you want to use it for.

I started working with computers 30 years ago,  so I have been through
quite a lot, many different systems, many different situations and so on.
It is normal that I have some points of view and ideas (far above what I
already expressed). This is only my fifth contribution to this list, so
please bear over with me...