Re: [glob2-devel] Some feature requests & discussion

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Some feature requests & discussion
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 02:43:46 +0100

> What about raising the total prestige-to-be-reached with 45 points for each
> lvl3 barracks?

Yes that's interesting. I think there may be several ways how this could be
done. We could make that a specific building needs to be built to raise the
prestige level, or an existing building/level raises the level. Other
possibilities would be special upgrades - what I think about is something
like a mill that consumes resources to increase the level of the prestige...
If you bring some resources to the building then the prestige slowly starts
to be increased, depending on how many resources you bring. And if you stop
bringing resources, then the level of the prestige would go slowly back down
to normal.

We could pick an existing building for that task, but a building that doesn't
need units yet to work (so not the swarm, inns or defence towers). So what is
left are the upgrade buildings (walk, swim, attack) as well as hospitals and
schools (that are already used for the opposite strategy). So I suggest
attack buildings too - but any level of attack building. So if you assign
workers at an attack building that makes the prestige level rise... but it
would be more efficient if your attack building is of level3 than of level1.
And the resource needed to raise the prestige should be some prestigious
resource, like fruits, wheat or algae - I don't know which would be best,
perhaps fruits, but any kind of fruit would be ok, no diversity needed.

Gabriel