Re: [Fsfe-uk] My page

From: Vanessa Conchodon
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] My page
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:48:50 +0100

Alex Hudson wrote:

[website, mail & machine]
> I keep e-mailing Phil, and either he's snowed under or I'm killfiled :D
> I have an alternative host setup in the meantime, until we can find a
> permanent home, and just need to arrange DNS with Andy.

  A temporary solution can be to ask tuxfamily.org to host AFFS:
  we won't have to pay anything (network, machine, host) and
  we could begin to work.

  Tuxfamily hosts any kind of Free Software project, promotion
  included. I have asked them and AFFS seems to have all conditions
  to be hosted on it. We just have to be non-commercial (but asking
  membership fees is ok).

  We can have (I just cite their page):
  - an web administration panel for services
  - host of our own domain
  - Mysql base, CGI, PHP3&4, SSI
  - an e-mail address@hidden (POP3/IMAP)
  - several websites
  - our own 404 page
  - statistic (webalizer)
  - http://www.affs.org.uk  (if we have bought affs.org.uk)
  - ftp login for each website
  - anonymous public ftp as
       ftp://ftp.tuxfamily.org/public/ourproject
      (one more access is created for its administration)
  - several  CVS Repository (with multiuser managment via web),
anonymous
     access and CvsWeb
  - unlimited mailling list for each domain we own
  - unlimited pop3 logins
  - unlimited mail forwards
  - unlimited mail alias
  - kind of webmail access for all hosted logins
  - dns
  - subdomains managed by "DynDns like" system
  - search engine for our website + personalized templates
    for answer

  The only "pb" of this solution is that all menus are in French.
  Btw, I can write a "How to use tuxfamily for English people"
  if we adopt this solution.

> As for documents on my site: I've written commentary on the QinetiQ
> report on OSS and the draft policy, which are now (as far as I'm
> concerned) finished and have been submitted to GovTalk. (BTW: does
> anyone realise who QinetiQ are/were? I only found out the other day
> because I know someone who works there! Clue on my site...) The patent
> thing is almost done, and ready for posting any time soon for comments
> :)

  Great :o)

  About QinetiQ, I have to look at your site.
  The only thing I read about them is a documentation I got
  on a job event.

                Nessie.
--
 Vanessa  Conchodon                            ^ee^
                                               (_/ `-^-.