[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-diary.el

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-diary.el
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:57:05 +0800

Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:

> way.  Editing and parsing all the plan files to come up with an
> up-to-date diary seems painful and fragile.  Whereas having
> planner-diary burp up a list of today's going's on (or I have it set

Incidentally, we used to have something like this. It works with
remind. remind.el and associated files should still be in
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/planner-remind.tar.gz ...

> On the other hand, I wanted to have a remember (-buffer-to-planner)
> -like interface to the diary so I swiped the code and made
> jmk-dairy-link-from-buffer.  I bind this to C-x C-d and get diary
> entries like:

I've written a small remember-diary.el that extracts entries that look like

DIARY: 2004.02.25 1300 MS defence 100 Vaughn hall

(anything that starts with DIARY:) and sticks them into
remember-diary-file after doing some massaging.

I don't know how much fun that'll be. <grin>
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun