Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-diary.el

From: Jody Klymak
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-diary.el
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:31:01 -0800

Hi Paul,

address@hidden writes:

> What's the difference between planner and planner-diary?

planner-diary runs "list-diary-entries" and puts the output on your
daily page.  i.e.

* Diary

Thursday, March 25, 2004
========================
1530 PORD tea
1700 Aikido

Saturday, March 27, 2004
========================
1300 Dieners Party?
2000 Cocktails at Emily and Chad's
[[gnus://nnimap+opg1.ucsd.edu:mail/Inbox.good/<address@hidden>][E-Mail from
Emily Pidgeon]]

> Oh, and where does 'remember' fit in :)

try M-x remember in various buffers and see what happens.  You
*should* get an entry in your daily file like:

* Notes

.#6 Played with planner 14:27 ([[ComputerStuff#4]])

Added Sacha's new version of planner-diary.el and enabled.
[[/Users/jklymak/emacs-common/planner-config.el]]

To get the above, I saved to ComputerStuff when I was prompted for a
"Wiki Page?"

I have a somewhat outdated explanation of how I use planner at

http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/PlannerMode.html

All the custom functions I talk about in there are now part of the
main distribution.

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak      http://opg1.ucsd.edu/~jklymak/