[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-diary.el

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-diary.el
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:27:21 +0800

Jody Klymak <address@hidden> writes:

> I installed this, but it doesn't seem to do anything.  i.e. simply
> adding a planner entry as above does not write anything to ~/.diary.

Did you remember to

   (add-to-list 'remember-handler-functions 'remember-diary-extract-entries)

?

> Am I supposed to make the entry in a "remember" buffer? (Why *is* it
> part of remember?)

Yes, you have to make the entry in a remember buffer.
It's... umm... part of remember so that I don't have to parse the
pages all the time, and so that it's easy for me to make a diary entry
from anywhere.

Okay, I don't really remember my logic, but it seemed to make sense at
the time. <laugh>

I think your original way of doing it would be great in
planner-diary.el . Maybe Thomas Gehrlein can merge it into his code
and send me an update! =) I'll hack it in myself soon (calendared for
2004.03.29).

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun