[emacs-wiki-discuss] Documentation

From: Helge Kosuch
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Documentation
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:24:19 +0100

Hey fellows!

Paul wrote:
> So, a manual, or even a wiki on how to get started with and
> use emacs-wiki and planner modes would be most welcome,

I guess we all should work on this to get it. Martin already volunteered,
but the more people help him, the better.

I propose that anybody who fights his way through EmacsWikiMode, PlannerMode
and Muse should feel encouraged to insert his experiences in EmacsWiki in a
useful way. I will do so and you should also, Paul.

I just started with that. I edited "our homepage":
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/EmacsWikiMode

Among other things I added:

If you are not familiar with wikis, you should read here first:
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiGettingStartedFaq .

If you are not somewhat familiar with Emacs you should learn to move around
Emacs first.

After that EmacsWikiMode should be very easy to use for you. After setup,
which is explained in in the beginning the download-file "emacs-wiki.el" you
only need to start typing. The only thing you really need to know is that
links look like "[[target][explaining text]]".

Happy hacking,

:) Helge