Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Documentation

From: Michael Alan Dorman
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Documentation
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:06:51 -0500

"Paul Lussier" <address@hidden> writes:
> In a message dated: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:09:52 EST
> Michael Alan Dorman said:
>
>>Planner is a toolset for organizing free-form interrelated
>>information that (intentionally) formats its data in such a way that
>>it may use emacs-wiki to publish that content.
>
> So, if you don't publish it, there's no need for emacs-wiki mode to
> be used with planner?

Which will teach me to hold forth on that about which I am not an
expert.

No, planner also uses, and extends, emacs-wiki editing facilities.

>>In fact, there isn't any requirement that you even publish it to
>>HTML pages at all---you could exist entirely within the planner
>>environment within emacs very easily.
>
> Ahh, okay, I thought there was some presumed expectation to be
> interconnecting planner files with emacs-wiki files.

Even if there is, that still doesn't mean you need to publish them!
An emacs wiki file must not be published to be a useful repository of
information.

> Ahhhh, okay. So, how do you use this now in order to load up a given
> Wiki tree?

I don't understand what you're asking.  The function in question is
merely a shortcut to defining some variables.  Nothing more.  It
doesn't do anything new, it just saves you typing, and the example on
the page shows what's involved in invoking it.

Mike
--
Thrills become as cheap as gas, and gas as cheap as thrills -- Blue Oyster Cult