Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial

From: Amit Ramon
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 23:25:26 +0300

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> [2010-08-07 12:57 +0300]:

3. Please use the Hebrew Maqaf instead of hyphen.

I tried that, but the results look ugly, at least on MS-Windows: the
Maqaf is composed with the preceding character and almost entirely
blends with it as result of this composition.  Is this something
specific to the Windows Uniscribe engine?  Is this an Emacs bug?

I think this is a (new) bug. I can see it on Linux/X, and it was
working fine until about a month ago. I reported it on the emacs-devel
list.

In principle Yair is right - in Hebrew maqaf is used to join words,
not a hyphen.