Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial

From: Larry Denenberg
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:56:45 +0300

>> Suppose I type אבגדה in a RTL context and then C-b twice.  Point is now
>> between ג and ד, but the visible cursor is between ד and ה.
>
>What do you mean by "between"? are you using a bar cursor, by any
>chance?  The default block cursor is put _on_ a character, so there's
>no "between".

Indeed I am; Aquamacs uses a bar cursor by default (set in aquamacs.el).
This cursor is helpful and intuitive since it accurately reflects the
position of point---except in RTL mode, where things are confusing.
Here's another example: the plain ol' delete-backward-char command
currently deletes a character not touching the cursor!

I agree that using a block cursor mitigates the problem, but I still
think this issue should be addressed.

/Larry Denenberg
address@hidden
http://larry.denenberg.com/