Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Hebrew tutorial
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 06:03:06 +0300

> Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 01:04:05 +0300
> From: Yair F <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Some small comments.

Thanks.

> 1. LRM and RLM are visible in text they look like dirt. It is an emacs  bug.

Yes.  Handa-san tells me that there should eventually be rules to
compose them with the next character, so they will become invisible.
But this is not set up yet.

> 2 The section "NOTICE: The main purpose of the Emacs tutorial is to teach you
>  the most important standard Emacs commands (key bindings)."
>  etc. is not localized. I believe this is a bug as well.

This is inserted by tutorial.el, and it is in English in all the
tutorials.

> 3. Please use the Hebrew Maqaf instead of hyphen.

Why? what's wrong with the hyphen?

> ש-ע"ג (why the hyphen?)

This is how you are supposed to write acronyms preceded by articles.
If you write שע"ג, it could be interpreted as a 3-letter acronym,
which it isn't.

> 5. About Copyright section I would suggest that you look at
> the GPL translation by Adv. Haim Ravia available here:
> http://www.law.co.il/computer-law/free-software/2007/07/13/gpl-3-hebrew-translation/

I looked at it and didn't like it.  Since it's unofficial, and since I
already had my own translations in some of the he.po files I provided
for a couple of GNU projects, I used my translation instead.