Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew input methods

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew input methods
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:23:34 +0100

OK, Emacs compiled and bidi working. Very cool.

A few questions:

Should I expect yanking a bit of unicode bidi Hebrew text with niqqud,
copied to the system clipboard from a browser, and yanked into a bidi
buffer, to work (it doesn't. vowels don't sit under their letters)?

e.g.pasting  from
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0101.htm

and tested in GTK emacs (Ubuntu 10.4) using a few different unicode
hebrew fonts.

You say in your above email that

>Character composition does not yet work with bidi reordering, so
>currently cantillation marks will not be displayed as you'd expect.

which I took to mean that niqqud alone are already working. Or?

Scot