[emacs-bidi] Input method with diacritics.

From: Yair Friedman (Jerusalem)
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Input method with diacritics.
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:47:18 +0200

Hi,

Attached is hebrew.el for inputting all hebrew diacritics.  Although it
seems to be working I'm not so happy with this implementation as is
basically maps '[' and ']' as map prefix keys.  What is the way to do
this properly with quail?  In addition, M-x quail-help doesn't show the
desired information.

I'd like to plan additional input method for mapping diacritics in
SI-1452 way.  For this methods the points and accent maps should by
attached to the CAPS and AltGr keys.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

I didn't find any standard for the layout of the accents, so I tried to
group them logically together.

In addition, these input methods could probably be applied to Unicode
Hebrew block as well, There is no reference on inputting Unicode
on characters (Vanilla 21.1). Does it need to wait until the Unification
process is done?

Some of the characters encoding are missing.

But the largest problem is that I can't display those things properly.
Is there a font that have all of the Unicode Hebrew block?

Any comments, flames etc. are appreciated.