Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:12:40 +0200 (IST)

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Yair Friedman (Jerusalem) wrote:

> "Ehud Karni" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I think the real solution is to work in some way like the good old
> > Einstein Writer (always a good reference).
>
> Einstein, I still have it on one of my 5ΒΌ" diskettes....ooops.

I actually have it in full working order, on the hard disk.

> I think one intuitive way might be to supply the user a "change cursor
> direction" command and inserting LRM/RLM when this is done.

This will only work when typing new text, but not when you edit text that
already existed.  In the latter case, a user will not naturally change
the cursor direction, since she edits random locations, not a contiguous
portion of text.  She might as well simply insert LRM/RLM directly.