Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs

From: Yair Friedman (Jerusalem)
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:07:24 +0200

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> I have actually resigned myself to the inevitable.  It is not
> possible.  I think Ehud already mentioned this in a previous post.
>
> Anyway, here are some examples to illustrate this.  There are certain
> logical representations which yield the same visual representation:

In addition, there are (sometimes common) visual representation which
don't have a matching logical representation without formatting codes:

What does (bidi-visual-to-logical ".02-654-3210 :SI REBMUN YM" 'R2L) eval to?

I can only produce it using: "MY NUMBER IS <LRM>02-654-3210."

In short words logical without formatting codes to visual mapping is
many to one mapping.

Yair Friedman.