Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] mirroring of glyphs
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:54:02 +0100

> Hmm.. there's a basic asymmetry in UAX#9, in that many rules say to
> search backwards for a character of some type.  I wonder what will
> happen if in the visual-to-logical conversion, you will instead
> search forward in those case?  Can you try that?

Doesn't that happen automatically when you reverse the string?  I
think there is nothing to add to this particular asymmetry.

There are other asymmetries I have tried: I modified W7 such that EN
would transform to R if following an R (thus, in the non-reversed
string, if EN precedes an R).  But that didn't help either.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/