dragora-members

Re: [Dragora-members] Relation of Qi and Qire

From: Matias Fonzo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-members] Relation of Qi and Qire
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 21:06:38 -0300

El 2020-06-11 03:48, Michael Siegel escribió:
Am 10.06.20 um 14:15 schrieb Kevin "The Nuclear" Bloom:

Sadly, I don't believe that Lua can extend shell as it can extend
C/C++. So as long as Qi is written in shell, we cannot make Qire a true
"extension." That being said, I still do not think that Qi needs to be
rewritten.

Okay, but Qi could still simply run Qire as an external command when
necessary and then work with what Qire returns, right?

I guess this could be confusing for users. Since these are separate commands, it's best to invoke them separately (if we keep the current model of two separated commands).

I think this would probably the best way to go about this.

I think it's better to make use of the current interface that Qi already provides, add whatever needs to be added to the Makefile, and invoke the "extensions". The interface would do the following, if Qi has "upgrade", it is complemented with "update" of the Qire extension, and so on...

(This was not done before because Qire had to be developed.).

Apart from all this, whether it's done or not. I think it will be more practical for users to have to invoke a single command here for package managing, and the finer grain in Graft.