Re: [DotGNU]Parrot info?

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Parrot info?
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 05:47:59 -0700 (PDT)

--- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bill Lance wrote:
>
> > Well, perhaps in my ignorance, I have my
> terminology
> > terminally twisted and tortured  ... :)
> >
> > but I mean that which executes the CLI.
> >
> > I presume that we will be using something other
> than
> > MS's versions, including ROTOR.
>
> Huh?  I've been posting updates about pnet to this
> mailing
> list for the last six months.  That's my CLI runtime
> engine
> implementation, which shares no code in common with
> other CLI's, especially MS's.

Sorry, Rhys.  Just being a bit facitious there.
That's what I mean by terminology, however.  We have
been referring to intermediary code runtime engines as
VM's in the VRS work.  If VM is not a proper
description, please let me know.  We do intend to
communicate and not confuse.

The reason that I ask is that we are getting closer to
thinking about how pNet will tie into the VRS.  Now
that work on the cluster management is under way, we
need to start looking at the services side, and pNet
is a central part of that.

The goal is the implementation of Dataset's.  A
dataset is a moble software object, consisting of a
data structure and a set of publicly exposed methods,
implemented presumably in CLI.  Hopefully, we can do
this in a manner compatable with, if not jointly
developed with, the SEE project.