Re: [DotGNU]Parrot info?

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Parrot info?
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

> Is the plan to adapt parrot as the pNet VM?
Not my place to speak, Rhys would be able to give a
statement.
Following are my muttering and opinions.

There there are different angles on the parrot VM as
opposed to the PNET. The fact is that the parrot is
designed for a register based language and for
perl/python.

Funnly bit of trivia, Parrot was orginally a April
Fools day joke from O'Reiley.

I had downloaded the Parrot TGZ and was impressed by
what I saw. Perl is my prototype language of choice
and I would love to seem some interworkings of the two
on the long run.

It would surely be interesting to look at the
translation project that Rhys proposed.

There is a big enough learning curve for anyone as
there is, you have to speak one language to learn
another.

Anyway, I am leaning pnet now,
so please warn me before I have to learn parrot!

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont