consensus

Re: [GNU/consensus] [Social] More internal use of ActivityStreams?

From: Mikael Nordfeldth
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [Social] More internal use of ActivityStreams?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:04:51 +0100

On tor   3 jan 2013 19:03:56, Melvin Carvalho <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 3 January 2013 17:50, Mikael Nordfeldth <address@hidden> wrote:
> > However I believe they are still very early in their work and have a
> > lot of possibility to change some of the "not invented here"
> > philosophy.
> >

> Mikael, I think it would be helpful is you did not continue with such an
> accusatory tone.   Tent is not an NIH system, they have a well designed
> JSON framework.

I'm sorry if I've had a too harsh tone, as I don't intend to offend anyone. I
hope however that people on this list are used to the shortcomings of text
communication. Otherwise I may have to pardon myself in future discussions as
well, though I'll of course try to keep a more gentle tone.

Either way I think this has come a bit off-topic especially given the subject
of the thread .)

I think we have explained our respective opinions with the mentioned
protocols/APIs quite well and I hope from now on hellekin can get some Tent and
Friendica folks over here, as well as we can discuss the proposed consensus
manifesto with many developers from a wide variety of projects.

I'll spend some more time with reading the manifesto in the comings days for
sure.