consensus

Re: [GNU/consensus] [Social] More internal use of ActivityStreams?

From: Mikael Nordfeldth
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [Social] More internal use of ActivityStreams?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:50:37 +0100

On torĀ   3 jan 2013 17:09:00, hellekin (GNU Consensus) <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 01/03/2013 08:44 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> *** Mikael, I hope this misunderstanding can be cleared when the Tent
> people join the conversation. As far as I can tell, they thought the
> lack of privacy in OStatus' scope was enough of a reason to take another
> approach. I can't blame them for that choice.

I was thinking more of them mapping out a unique list of activity definitions
rather than extending existing definitions, which will inevitably cause
confusion when writing software to bridge networks of Tent/everything else.

However I believe they are still very early in their work and have a lot of
possibility to change some of the "not invented here" philosophy.