consensus

Re: [GNU/consensus] [Social] More internal use of ActivityStreams?

From: Mikael Nordfeldth
Subject: Re: [GNU/consensus] [Social] More internal use of ActivityStreams?
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:57:43 +0100

On tor   3 jan 2013 12:44:17, Melvin Carvalho <address@hidden> wrote:
> In this particular forum I think it would be more appropriate not to
> belittle projects that you feel, do not think the same as you, but
> rather, try and operate from a perspective of tolerance, and see what
> you can learn from other projects.

Tent.io absolutely has a lot of ideas to bring to the table. However I strongly
believe that to be a good, content and network agnostic protocol for social
networking it must be reasonably compatible with other transport layers than
HTTP as well.

> We have had major problems in the
> past with people taking the "my way or the high way" approach.   Indeed
> we have lost valuable partners, such as friendica from this.

Really? I have seen you write this several times now but haven't bothered yet
to question it. But what makes you draw the conclusion that Friendica has
"left" fedsocweb ambitions?

I can only see increased activity on Friendica's end and lots of interest in
maintaining good compatibility with other federated social services.