bibledit-general

Re: [be] New 3.5 open GUI

From: Teus Benschop
Subject: Re: [be] New 3.5 open GUI
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 06:00:48 +0200

There are many suggestions on this matter, which means that this matter
needs attention.

- A setting for having the windows undocked or for having them
permanently docked.

- An option to restore default windows layout.

- Imitating GQview where windows can be broken off.

I'll see which of the above options or combinations of them are
technically possible in Gtk and then will try to come up with a solution
for the problem. Looked into GQview and it seems that they always have
two identical windows open, one being hidden. When breaking off a window
from the main program, they merely hide one window and make visible the
other one. Of course, this doubles the memory usage, and makes syncing
the windows necessary.

By the way, the oscillating focus problem is fixed in the git version.
I am not sure about windows popping off the screen, it does not happen
in Linux.