bibledit-general

Re: [be] New 3.5 open GUI

From: oreo
Subject: Re: [be] New 3.5 open GUI
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:58:58 -0600

I will admit to being the one who asked for the flexible window set-up for BE! And I have been thrilled to have this flexibility.

To those who find changing windows inconvenient in TW, I suggest using Ctrl-TAB.
To do the same thing in BE, use Alt-TAB.

Some programs use flexible docking, like GQview, for instance. This might be an idea that would please everyone. That way the various windows could still be broken off and placed anywhere, even on separate desktops, but others might prefer windows to be attached together.

I have suggested a little feature that also might help new users control the many windows. That is, to have a button bar included with the BE index window (underneath where you can choose what book/chapter/verse). Each window would have a button, and the buttons would have the name of each window. (project name/resources/notes/etc) So hidden windows would resurface with a click to a button.

But now that BE remembers where I put my windows, I have everything arranged so that I can find things easily. And perhaps the button bar idea would be more trouble than it is worth. An easier option might be to include a Window menu like TW, which is useful in that program when I have a large number of windows open.

--
Phil & Gale Fields
  303 Ryan Ct.

e-mail:          address@hidden