bibledit-general

Re: [be] New 3.5 open GUI

From: Dennis Drescher
Subject: Re: [be] New 3.5 open GUI
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:10:56 +0700

Hi Birch,

I have not been able to use 3.5 yet. I'm always slow in adopting because I always have to compile and package my own. I recently changed to a new computer so I don't have build environment setup yet. So what I write here only comes from experience with the previous UI.

IMO, separate windows would be good for power users who have lots of screen space or even two monitors. I have a two monitor system I use for development and being able to split things up is handy.

On the other hand, if you are trying to implement on small or even mini computers it can be problematic as you have pointed out. It would be nice if we could have both but if we had to choose I would opt for the simpler single window layout so it could be implemented more widely. The docked interface sounds like a good compromise.

In Him,

Dennis

Birch Champeon wrote:
I'm interested to know other users opinions on the open GUI (separate windows for each tool/section, with no mainframe) on 3.5. I'm finding that I lose windows behind others. I'm not looking forward to teaching this UI to novice users. I remember when Photoshop had this UI, but software has moved away from that. What about an option to go to the docked interface?
What do the rest of you guys think of the 3.5 UI?

Birch

--
Dennis Drescher
Publishing Systems Developer