RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 19:24:19 -0500

On Wednesday, November 01, 2006 7:17 PM Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> BTW: I do not belive that MACOSX does not support pty's.
> It may do it in slightly different way, but quite a lot
> of unix programs (beggining with Xterm) would brake
> without pty's.

I would be glad to hear more information about this.
I found several references on the web stating clearly that
the pty interface was not available on the MAC. With respect
to Xterm on MAC is did also see some references to special
purpose code in Xterm to provide some kind of emulation of
pty for the MAC. Maybe it would be possible use/adapt that
code... but that is beyond my level of experience and
available time.

It would be greate if someone could share their knowledge
and experience with this issue.