RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2

From: C Y
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: gcl-2.6.8pre on MAC OSX 10.2
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:56:10 -0800 (PST)

--- "Page, Bill" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Personally, I would prefer to get rid of clef and adapt readline
> because it would simply the Axiom process tree structure. On the
> other hand, readline can be a pain sometimes when you are trying
> to drive a program through a pipe and/or pty interface... so it
> is desirable also to be able to disable readline also.

Perhaps linedit would be of interest?

http://common-lisp.net/project/linedit/

I doubt it's a drop-in replacement but in theory it would be a good fit
with a lot of lisps instead of just GCL, which might be useful for
things like porting down the road.  And its license should pose no
problem.

Cheers,
CY