Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc hangs on XP.

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-gcc hangs on XP.
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 23:09:22 -0500

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 08:14:22AM -0600, Eric Weddington wrote:

My point is that you very probably don't need to build AVR GCC in
Cygwin, nor run everything in a Cygwin shell. Use WinAVR, create your
Makefile and call make from the Windows command line. This is a much
simpler approach.

IIRC there was some brief discussion as to collisions between WinAVR and
Cygwin on this list in the past, but they were minor. When I was running
on XP I had both and only time I knew I was crossing the line was from
another machine that didn't have one or the other.

Why not install both and simply pick and choose in your Makefile from
whatever shell you choose?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden