uracoli-devel

Re: AW: [uracoli-devel] Feature request: ability to change a network add

From: Axel Wachtler
Subject: Re: AW: [uracoli-devel] Feature request: ability to change a network address with Wibo
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:06:55 +0100

Hi Charles & all,

Am Mittwoch, 24. November 2010 12:57:54 schrieb Charles Goyard:
> Here's the situation :
> - I build 50 juggling balls with Wibo inside. Every ball has slightly
> different characteristics : weight, light diffusion, "feeling" etc...
> - The juggler, for various reasons, selected some balls over some
> others. To avoid fragmentation in the address sequences, we want to
> renumber the balls. While I have physical access to the balls, I don't
> have wire programming access without opening them, which is a hassle.

this sounds like it could be handled entirely from the application.

If the ball receives a "set_local_address" frame with its current
address, it stores the new addresses with a CRC in EEPROM. From
now on, it checks at first the eeprom CRC and if it fails it falls back
to the Wibo parameters.

You should also implement a "delete_local_address" command because you
may want to reset the balls later to its original state.

To make it more secure, you can allow the config frames just if you
can detect that the ball is charged.

Cheers, Axel

Axel Wachtler
Mail:        address@hidden
Fingerprint: FA2C 4FB1 AC18 5FA3 F4F1 1114 3F38 E0DF 8C3A DC95
Public Key:  http://www.keyserver.net
Wer abnimmt, hat mehr vom Telefon.