uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] Feature request: ability to change a network address

From: Axel Wachtler
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] Feature request: ability to change a network address with Wibo
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 16:57:52 +0100

> Von: Charles Goyard <address@hidden>
> thanks ! The fact is that I used this tool for the initial Wibo setup. I
> did not know I could use it for further updating the node config
> structure.

Well, you can use the tool w/o a hexfile and avrdude with the -D option
("don't auto erase flash before programming"), but this would just allow
you to punch "0" into existing "1" bits.

For a self modifying bootloader code I need to look into the datasheet if this
is possible. The bootloader would read the last page into RAM, modify the
nodeconfig values, erase the page and reprogramm it.

On the other hand, how about to have the option to store the nodeconfig data
at the end of the eeprom and use this record, if the CRC is OK. If it is not
OK,
then fall back to the WIBO flash parameters. We did choose the end of the
bootloader, because this is a very safe place to store the parameters,
until nobody erases the bootloader and also the address (FLASHEND -
sizeof(nodeconfig_t)) does not depend on fuses.

Cheers, Axel