uracoli-devel

AW: [uracoli-devel] Feature request: ability to change a network address

From: Daniel Thiele
Subject: AW: [uracoli-devel] Feature request: ability to change a network address with Wibo
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 18:27:18 +0100

Hi list,
it is not possible to modify the bootloader itself.
And my approach to a wireless bootloader was to enable setting the nodeid only
via (wire) programmer. If you modify the node address remotely there is the
chance to kill the config section and you never reach the node via air. For the
same reason the node address is not stored inside EEPROM, you could erase this
from software. Putting the node address to flash memory (bootloader section) is
the only way to avoid dead locks - of course you have to ensure jumping into
bootloader is always possible. The safest way is:
 - put node configuration (address + channel + panid) into flash memory
bootloader section
 - enable "Boot Reset" fuse
 - enable watchdog "WDTON" fuse set
 - continuously reset watchdog inside application main loop

Regarding these steps ensures you always stay in contact with your nodes.

greetings
Daniel