tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 07:16:59 -0600

* On 2013 31 Dec 06:07 -0600, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> The single rig backends are normally implemented by different OMs. So
> we have a situation where different rigs show different behaviour quite
> often.

One of the things I would like to see addressed in Hamlib is this
difference between backends.  In some ways it is not easy or may not be
possible due to differences between the radios themselves.  The backends
have been added in an ad hoc manner and have not been guided by a single
"best of" approach or policy.  This adversely affects TLF et. al. and is
supposed to be one of the benefits of Hamlib for applications.

Part of my ongoing work is to improve the Hamlib documentation as a
needed first step.  Reading this list helps me to better understand
those issues which I hope to address in the documentation.

I know several on this list have contributed to Hamlib and for that you
have my thanks.  Don't be afraid to suggest changes and fixes.

Happy New Year!

73, de Nate >>