tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 11:40:02 +0100

Hello OM's,

now I'm a Tlf user about half year ago, I've used it on many
contest. I think I got much experience to make few proposal to
modify the core code. I made some modifications, and put them to
a new branch on my Github repo. If anybody interest that, please
check it out (git or zip files), and refer to me.

Note, these are just proposals, may be these aren't bugs.

* point calculating
  At last weekend I made the RAC. On RAC all VE/VA station worth
  10 points, any other does 2 points. My config was:

  COUNTRYLIST=VE
  TWO_POINTS
  COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS=10
  (and there is a file with name VE, which contains all canadian
  prefixes)

  but Tlf count 2 points for all stations. So I modified the
  src/score.c: now if COUNTRY_LIST_POINTS set up, the affected
  stations worth really that points, any other does what operator
  set it up (depends ONE_POINT, TWO_POINTS or THREE_POINTS).

  see 02d35a8ccb:
  https://github.com/airween/tlf/commit/02d35a8ccb2a10144a9a0e4463258bdf5babe030

* getting TRX freq
  may be this isn't Tlf "bug", rather it affects the Hamlib. That would
  be very good if anybody could to test it. My TRX is a Kenwood
  TS-850SAT, it has 2 VFO. When I start the Tlf, it reads the
  current freq from TRX, and shows it. If I switch the another
  VFO, Tlf doesn't follow that, still shows the freq of another
  VFO, which was the current when Tlf started.

  Now I modified the source, Tlf always get the actually VFO,
  which really the current in TRX, and get that freq.

  see 15d7649d8a:
  https://github.com/airween/tlf/commit/15d7649d8a1e21bf4297c67ab9f2760be7129595

* handling bandwith
  Tlf has a config directive: CWBANDWIDTH. If that setting up,
  Tlf always set the RIG filter to that value, which is a bit
  confusing. But if it doesn't set, the Tlf through Hamlib always
  set the filter to the lowest value, that means in my case 270Hz
  (TS850 is a triple conversion superheterodyne, and it has a
  filter on 2nd and 3rd circle. In my RIG there is a 270Hz filter
  on 8.83 MHz IF, and Tlf switch to there _always_). So, if I
  switched band, my RIG always going to use the lowest filter...

  Now if CWBANDWIDTH isn't set, Tlf reads the value of filter by
  VFO, and keeps them always: switch between the VFO's (if the
  filters settings are different on VFO's, those keeps theirs
  values), change bands...

  see ae60e8e44c:
  https://github.com/airween/tlf/commit/ae60e8e44cf2b2a2ae9b027dc90c6566f4370f91

So, that's all currently, please check it out, especially the VFO
swith problem - may be other rig isn't affected. And may be all
of the above is just my reasoning :)

73,

Ervin
HA2OS