tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:01:55 +0100

Hello Thomas,

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 01:06:49PM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Hi Ervin, hi Ed,
>
> > hmm... I use TS850, and if I don't set the CWBANDWIDTH parameter
> > in logcfg.dat, then both filter (8.83MHz and 455kHz) switch to
> > the least state, if I change the band. Vainly I change them to a
> > custom values, after I switch the band, they goes back. Always.
> >
> > Now I check it out once again, and that's the situation what I
> > describe in my first e-mail.
> >
> > Could anybody checks it with other rigs?
>
> The single rig backends are normally implemented by different OMs. So
> we have a situation where different rigs show different behaviour quite
> often.
>
> You can check it for your rigs with rigctl. Start it and then use '1'
> to dump the rig capabilities. Scroll up until you find the bandwidth
> table. Tlf uses normally what is defined under 'CW, Normal'.

Here is my result:

Bandwidths:
        AM      Normal: 12 kHz, Narrow: 6 kHz,  Wide: 0 Hz
        CW      Normal: 12 kHz, Narrow: 6 kHz,  Wide: 0 Hz
[...]

If I change the band or/and VFO, my rig goes to WIDE width filter
state.

I didn't have time today, but it doesn't leave me alone, I will
try to get to know, what could be the problem.

Just a sense: it's a model specific feature, may be there could
be because my rig is Kenwood, Ed has Yaesu, and/or because the
FT950 do the filtering in DSP, the TS850 has electro-mechanical
filters...

73,

Ervin
HA2OS