tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modifications in Tlf core
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 13:06:49 +0100

Hi Ervin, hi Ed,

Am Mon, 30 Dec 2013 22:28:20 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:

> Hello Ed,
>
> thanks for your reply,
>
> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 04:16:38PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> > On 12/30/2013 03:06 PM, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:
> > >Hello Ed,

> > >and what's happening when you switch the band? The filter(s) keeps
> > >the value(s) which you had been set manually, or goes to the
> > >least value?
> > >
> > >What is your RIG model?
> > >
> > I use a FT-950 and the filter bandwidth changes band to band to what
> > I set it for, for that particular band.
>
> hmm... I use TS850, and if I don't set the CWBANDWIDTH parameter
> in logcfg.dat, then both filter (8.83MHz and 455kHz) switch to
> the least state, if I change the band. Vainly I change them to a
> custom values, after I switch the band, they goes back. Always.
>
> Now I check it out once again, and that's the situation what I
> describe in my first e-mail.
>
> Could anybody checks it with other rigs?

The single rig backends are normally implemented by different OMs. So
we have a situation where different rigs show different behaviour quite
often.

You can check it for your rigs with rigctl. Start it and then use '1'
to dump the rig capabilities. Scroll up until you find the bandwidth
table. Tlf uses normally what is defined under 'CW, Normal'.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea