therion-users

Re: [Therion] Centre lines and therion

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: [Therion] Centre lines and therion
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:57:53 +0100

On 06-09-21 11:26 +0200, Stacho Mudrak wrote:
> > visible in the model output but not the map).  I have tried including
> > the "survey" in the list of maps (and additionally found that I need to
> > specify the -projection plan option).  However, no centre is visible in
> > the pdf output.  Have I misread your email: is this something the
> > software should already be able to do, in which case what have I missed
> > out of my .th file?
>
> Yes, therion should do this, but it is difficult to say, what is wrong
> with your files. Could you please send me some minimal sample where it
> does not work?
>
> Another point:
>
> >> We (Wookey and I) are working on the Mulu data set which is using
> > survex
> >> 3d files to import the survey legs. This shows the survey legs within
> >> the passage where it exists, but not when there is no pasage. However
> >> what we would really like to do is show the centreline when there is
> > no
> >> passage, and not show it when there is passage drawn.
> >>
> >> Is there any way to do this
>
> When I read this e-mail once more, I must correct my self. Currently,
> there is no way how to do it :( Either you will show all centerline,
> or you will hide all centerline.
>
> Solution can be draw centerline from data (not from scraps) with
> different symbol. If need it, I can do it quite fast. Do you have some
> terms, when your maps need to be finished?

In about 25 mintues :-)

It is BCRA conference this weekend, and large-fornmat printing had to
be done by someone else. That deadline is literally as I type, so the
panic is now off.

We do need a solution to this problem in general though. We have a
220km system, and being able to show centreline data for areas where
there is not therion data yet, is important, as therionising the data
is such a huge job.

I may have a few more atlas quesations before the w/e though :-)

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/