Re: javacswarm not found

From: Li An
Subject: Re: javacswarm not found
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 17:27:19 -0400

Paul is right. I went back to my root and installed jikes from my Installation CD #2. The problem was gone then. I tried to run javacswarm StartHeatbugs.java from the directory where I put the heatbug files and go the following warnings:

 ***Error: could not find package "java/util" in
               .
                /usr/share/swarm/swarm.jar
                /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/rt.jar
               .
*** Warning: The file " /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/rt.jar" is not a valid zip file

*** Error: could not find package "java/lang" in
               .
                /usr/share/swarm/swarm.jar
                /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/rt.jar
               .

What is wrong?

ps. I will join the SDG asap. Thanks.

Li

At 02:14 PM 9/30/2002 -0700, you wrote:

Li> I untared and unziped the jheatbugs-2001-03-28.tar.gz under
Li> ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/apps/java/sdg/testing (I think this
Li> is what Paul suggested?) and a directory named
Li> "jheatbugs-2001-03-28" was created. I went to this directory and
Li> found the files with .java extension. After issuing "make" at the
Li> prompt, I had the following:

Li> /bin/javacswarm Heatbug.java HeatCell.java, ...,
Li> HeatbugBatchSwarm.java.  make:/bin/javacswarm: command not found
Li> make: ***[all] Error 127.

Li> What is wrong? Thanks.

You haven't installed the RPMS.  The URL you mention:

ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/apps/java/sdg/testing/jheatbugs-2001-03-28.tar.gz

is the *source* for Swarm, not the binary.  Please read Paul's
intructions here:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/Swarm-2.2x_RPMSforRH7.3/

and download and install the RPMS.

You can tell which Swarm-related RPMS you have installed by running
this:

$ rpm -q swarm swarm-gcjswarm swarm-jdk swarm-static hdf5

You will get information on each installed or RPM (or a "not
installed" message, if it isn't installed).

Alex
--
      Alex Lancaster |  Swarm Development Group  |  http://www.swarm.org