RE: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx fork started

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx fork started
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:41:31 -0600

I will back Joerg 100% on this. Look at the work that Joel Sherrill did on
simulavr. He didn't complain about the type of revision control system. He just
joined in in helping to move a project forward by providing patches, and doing
the necessary work. Because of that, he was made a developer and admin of the
project easily. There seems to be some of you more interested in using git,
then in actual development. Who really cares about the type of revision control
system that is being used? If git is required for this project then we would
use it. As it stands, this project is so small that either CVS or SVN is
sufficient for the project. One uses tools to do a job, not fit the job to the
tools.

It requires more effort to work together as a group, especially as volunteers.
Perhaps it's too much effort for some people that they just have to move
elsewhere and make a fork.