Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx fork started

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulavrxx fork started
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 22:58:46 +0100

Hello

On 17 March 2010 19:06, ThomasK <address@hidden> wrote:

> My opinion: our GIT repo is in fact a fork now, nothing else. So, we (Onno
> and me) have decided, to make this official now. In the moment, we grow up a
> sourceforge project (avrs) with that fork. I think, it's the best way to
> handle it. We leave simulavr/simulavrxx on savannah.org untouched and we
> have on the other hand all possibilities to work on our code base and to
> share it with others.

Because
* the git repository contains all the changes of the CVS repo
* the only activity is in the git repo (~9 months)
* there was no disagreement on how or where to push the project
* there was no list activity from previous administrators since
2009-12-22 (on the other hand there was little activity on the list
either)
* there are patches in the tracker that were not commited or rejected
or otherwise taken care
* nobody responded to proposal [1] to give someone access to fix some
of the above
=> therefore the sourceforge site might consider itself a
_continuation_ of simulavr, rather than a fork. I even suggest to use
the original name.

To save others from searching: the new site seems to be at
http://avrs.sourceforge.net/

[1] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/simulavr-devel/2010-02/msg00007.html

--
Petr Hluzin