Re: [Savannah-hackers] Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah an

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Naming our sourceforge clone (was Re: Savannah and non-GNU software)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:46:02 -0500

Guillaume Morin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dans un message du 24 mar ? 10:43, Joel N. Weber II ?crivait :
> > I think we should only accept GPL compatible licenses, since we'd like
> > all software to have GPL compatible licenses, and this might provide
> > people with an incentive to use a GPL compatible license where they
> > might otherwise not.
>
> As far as I am concerned, I think that we should not be that
> restrictive. For example, I think IBM PL is not that bad. Maybe a list
> with all GPL compatible licenses and some other licenses would be a
> better .. But this is a my 0.02.

GPL incompatible licenses are a real problem.  They make it hard for
hackers to combine useful software together.

I don't think we should host GPL-incompatible software---this is a chance
to make the distinction between GPL-compatible and GPL-incompatible free
software much louder than it already is.  We should seize this
opportunity.