[Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah and non-GNU software

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah and non-GNU software
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 05:09:44 -0700 (MST)

    The impression that I get is that if there are software packages that
    we believe are worth investing our resources in, then they are
    generally going to be packages that we will want to have be considered
    GNU packages.

I think you're making the assumption that these packages will be few
in number and carefully chosen.  If that were true, we would probably
want them to be GNU packages (but we can't be sure their developers would
always want to agree to this).

What I think we were considering is to open subversions to any program
which meets some simpler criteria, not trying to judge their quality
or usefulness for instance.