Is a program really GNU? (was Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: www.gnu.org)

From: loic
Subject: Is a program really GNU? (was Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: www.gnu.org)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 10:11:20 +0100 (CET)

Bradley M. Kuhn writes:
 > Please do *not* use that as a canonical way for figuring out if a program is
 > actually a GNU program or not.  Please use fp:/gd/gnuorg/maintainers.

 True. I added a not in the project aproval page so that this bit is
not forgoten.

 > > and search engine do a good job.
 >
 > I am not sure what this means.  I hope you don't mean that you just search
 > for the project on the web and see if it says it's a GNU program.  Many
 > people call their software "GNU" as a tribute to us, but have never actually
 > contacted us about it.

 No :-) But it may help locate information related to the project (for gnue
for instance, searching in www.gnu.org + in global search engines gives a full
information).

 > BTW, if you find a project that looks like it might be GNU but there is
 > ambiguous information, please email <address@hidden> and let us know.
 > We'll DTRT to figure out what's going on.

 Is this the cannonical address ? I thought this should be sent to
address@hidden

 Cheers,