Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: www.gnu.org

From: loic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: www.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:35:28 +0100 (CET)

Brian Youmans writes:
 > Of course, "approving a new project" in this case should be automatic -
 > GNU Chess is already a GNU project, in fact one of the oldest ones around.

 It has to remain semi-automatic (ie someone clicks yes) because we have
to check that the person who submitted the project to Savannah is indeed
a maintainer of the project. Otherwise that would allow an anonymous third
party to submit a project that has the same name as an existing GNU package
and get write access to the HTML pages right away.

    Cheers,