savannah-dev

Re: [Savannah-dev] A new comer and an offer to Savannah

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] A new comer and an offer to Savannah
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 15:51:25 +0200

Loic Dachary wrote:
Laurent Julliard writes:
> > My plan is to contribute this source code/documentation and be the
 > primary contact/maintainer for it. Again I appreciate your comments and
> feedback as well as your view on how to proceed to commit the changes if > you think it makes sense. >
        What you've added to SourceForge is exactly what we need most.
I'm inclined to give you write access to the Savannah tree, if you're
willing to help integrate your changes into Savannah. I guess ljulliar
is your prefered Savannah account name ?

ljulliar is my login name on Savannah. That would be good for me to be given write access to the CVS repo but I think we must go through preliminary steps before i do that (see my reply to Christian)

        As we all know, the un-templatized nature of the SF 2.0 code
imposes a fair amount of manual tweaking.

I had a look at the Savannah code some motnhs ago and I don;t think the Xerox code will need a lot of tweaking.

> I guess Mathieu Roy would be
most interested in the documentation (since he did some useful work on
this subject for Savannah lately).

I'm ready to help Mathieu here.

I'd be interested to help you
integrate the data export (import ?) facility. This is something we
need badly and the current XML export that we have is not really
functional.

We also considered the XML based export at the beginning of oor project but then realized that very few end-user applications (espcially Office kind of applications) can digest XML formatted input. So we sticked to CSV (comma separated values) which is rudimentary but works well.

This being said I think it night be a better idea to start with the bug tracking system and then the export facility.

Laurent

        Cheers,

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team