savannah-dev

Re: [Savannah-dev] A new comer and an offer to Savannah

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] A new comer and an offer to Savannah
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 15:45:00 +0200

Christian BAYLE wrote:
Hi Laurent.

Nice to hear from you :)

It would be nice if we could integrate XeroX features in debian-sf
package

I have no objection here although I cannot commit to do it all by myself.

Maybe the export facility is the first thing we could work on, making an import facility, would maybe enable migration between different flavours of Sourceforge.
Do you think it would be interesting/difficult?

It's certainly an interesting idea. But importing data is much mor tricky.

Nevertheless I will be happy to be able to look at Xerox source code, is
this already available in some place?

Not now. Ideally I'd like to go through the following steps:

a) I'm going to set-up a replicate of Savannah here at Xerox and integrate my code in it. b) once this is done it would be great to test it on the Savannah test bed (you have a test server, right?) c) If b) is ok with everyboby we can commit the changes and put it in place on the production server

Thanks!

Cheers

Christian Bayle

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox R&T/SSTC/XPA - Open Source team