[RP] :dedicated-mode

From: twb
Subject: [RP] :dedicated-mode
Date: Fri Feb 27 05:25:01 2004

Quoth Cameron Patrick <address@hidden> on or about Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:22:37
+0800:
> BTW on a non-dual-head-related note, one thing I wouldn't mind seeing
> in ratpoison would be the ability to force certain windows to go into
> certain frames.  Then I could have a script set up a GIMP frame set
> with one frame on the big monitor for the image and a few frames on
> the smaller monitor for the toolbar and other misc windows.  I'd have
> to think a bit more about the exact semantics of it though.

Ooh! Ooh! They have this in emacs (in emacs-goodies-el).  It's called
`dedicated' mode.  AFAICT (haven't tried it), you say :dedicate, and
thenceforward the frame and buffer (window) are glued together and can
only be changed manually (e.g. by :select -).

You could probably lift most of it verbatim.

-trent

--
If you were MEANT to understand it, it wouldn't be called CODE.