[RP] Cameron's xinerama patch in CVS & Usability

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: [RP] Cameron's xinerama patch in CVS & Usability
Date: Fri Feb 27 01:10:04 2004

Hi folks,

Some of you have probably been waiting a while for this. I just
committed Cameron's xinerama to CVS.

So far I haven't had any problems. But I am now confronted with the
usability issues that I'm sure those of you who have been running
multi-monitor setups are already quite frustrated with. The most
glaring issue, which has been reported on the list before, is that
frame commands only operate on the current screen.

In some cases they should operate on all of them: fselect should
definitely allow you to select frames on other displays, focuslast
should focus to the last frame - across screens if needed.

But then there's grey area. Should C-t Tab (focus) only cycle through
the frames on the current screen? I'm pretty sure the answer is
no. *Generally* there aren't a lot of frames to switch through. And if
there are, yer prolly gonna use fselect anyway.

What other usability issues have people found?

-Shawn