[RP] neat use of :unmanage

From: twb
Subject: [RP] neat use of :unmanage
Date: Sat Feb 21 07:05:03 2004

I'm (sporadically) compiling a `Ratpoison Tips and Tricks' doc, but
this one deserves special mention:

  :unamange ratpoison-ignore
  :exec xvt -fn 9x15 -g 72x50+0+0 -T ratpoison-ignore -e sh -c 'while true; do
cat ~/.plan; sleep 5m; clear; done'

Just like gdesklets / karamba / konfabulator, only it doesn't use >20% cpu.
(Then you just need to find the right scripts, or write them)
I haven't found a simple way to kill off the process, though (xkill sucks).

I'm going through the list archives for ideas for t&t, if you have any
neat tricks (e.g. John's calendar), let me know.  Also things like
`did you know about xmodmap(1)?'.

btw, is there a simple way to leech the list archive from sf?  The
usual wget -np -r isn't gonna work...

Shawn, is that SVG going to show up on rp.sf.net soon?

-trent