[RP] :screens patch (was :lsheads)

From: twb
Subject: [RP] :screens patch (was :lsheads)
Date: Sat Feb 21 20:23:05 2004

Yay!  I made the :lsheads patch I wanted.  For some reason I renamed it to
:screens.
Now if i can just remember why I wanted this cmd...

:screens
#One screen
1400 1050 0 0,
#Two screens
1400 1050 0 0,1400 1050 0 0,
#Xinerama
1400 1050 0 0,1400 1050 0 1050,

I kept the trailing comma for consistency with :fdump.

Here's the diff.  I whittled it a bit after cvs was done, so no guarantees.
Is there a way to do incremental diffs (i.e. say `cvs diff, ignoring stuff from
these other .diffs')?
Is there a reason Cameron's Xinerama patch isn't in CVS?

Other ideas:

Subdivide (logically, not actually) the window list into Class and Instance.
#move between classes
  :nextclass, :prevclass, :otherclass
#move within current class
  :nextinstance, :previnstance, :otherinstance
#(:next :prev :other still work)
This seems the most effective way to break up the winlist without user
intervention.

Script to substitute Class::Instance for XID when using :fdump,
:frestore. This means that framesets will work across an app segfault
(if new windows have new XID, same C & I).

-trent

--
Do we really need warnings that the lead in paint will kill you? Keep in
mind that these people have already made a conscious decision to CONSUME